ABOUT OUR FOLK - September 27, 2017
Your weekly update about what’s happening at San Marino Congregational United Church of Christ!
In recalling God’s deeds, in giving thanks for God’s presence in our lives, our songs open our eyes to a world of bounty. In praise, we find fullness and see the world with new eyes. The Faithful One will continue to be faithful. Life is an open door to possibility, not a dead end. God’s mercies are new every morning; God’s vision constantly emerging in the circumstances of our lives.
Our praises and recollections of grace contribute to an ongoing ecology of grace, and may open the door to greater manifestations of God’s presence.
PRAYER REQUESTS: For the sake of privacy, we do not include prayer requests in our online posts.
Please Join Us:
· Wed., Sept. 27 – Leap of Faith Bible Study, Pastor’s Study, 5:00 p.m.
· Thurs. Sept. 21 – Choir Practice, 7:00 pm
· Sun. Oct 1 – Worship in the Church 10:00 am. Communion Sunday with Rev. Lorraine Ceniceros offering the sacrament. Interim Pastor Carol Barrett offering the Reflection: If A=B, and B=C, then A=C, Right? Collection of Offering for Neighbors in Need.
· 11:30 Trustee’s Meeting in the Pastor’s Study
· Wed. October 4 – Leap of Faith Bible Study 5:00 p.m. Worship and Wonder Room.
· Saturday, Oct. 28th, Fall Association Meeting. Directions at the end.
Because we participated in Worship in the Park last Sunday, we did not receive any special prayer requests.
Please Pray for congregation members with ongoing health issues: Cynthia, Lester, Carlos, and Elsie.
Neighbors in Need Offering which will be received this coming Sunday, October 1, 2017.
J. SEYMOUR FAMILY CENTER PROJECT(ongoing):
HELP US COLLECT FOR THE HOMELESS: We continue to seek items throughout the year for the Jeff Seymour Family Center in El Monte who provides for the homeless and their children. Baskets are available in the narthex for your contributions of: new packages of diapers (all sizes), baby wipes, feminine hygiene items, and travel sizes of: •deodorant, •antibacterial wipes, •cream/lotion, •sunscreen, •toothpaste, • toothbrushes, •soap, etc. Nothing in large packages, please as most recipients have no place to store such items.
LIZ CAMERON FOOD PANTRY (ongoing):
Keep on bringing the food! Everyday, children and their families go hungry, right here in our own community. By supporting our neighborhood food bank at La Casa by donating food items to our food pantry, you are helping to solve this problem! Food donations go directly to families who otherwise might not have enough to eat.
- beans and rice (in smaller bags – NOT large quantities)
- bags of pasta
- boxes of cereal (NOT the larger sizes)
- canned proteins (tuna, chicken, ham, etc.)
- pasta sauce
HELPING THE HOMELESS IN SAN MARINO (ongoing)
We are assembling bags of items that the Police can distribute to the homeless they encounter. We need the following:
Cases of 16-oz. bottled water
Packages of 50 LARGE brown lunch bags
Bumblebee Tuna on the Run
Granola Bars (30-50 in a box)
Applesauce or Fruit Bowls (30-50 per box)
Trail Mix/Peanuts (30-50 in a box)
Cereal Bars (30-50 in a box)
Men’s and Women’s Regular White Athletic Socks (6-12 pairs in a package)